On 15 February, the Nigerian Army redeployed 29 Major Generals including General Officers Commanding (GOCs) divisions, along with 42 brigadier generals.
A statement signed by the Chief of Staff, Directorate of Army Public Relations, Colonel Usman Abdul said the GOC 1 Division, Kaduna, Major General Joseph Shoboiki, moves to Defence Headquarters as Director of Policy while former Director of Training at the Army Headquarters, Major General Garba Ayodele Wahab now takes over as GOC 1 Division.
Major General J. O. Nwaogbo, until recently commander of the military Joint Task Force in Borno State, is now GOC 3 Division, Jos while Major General Sunday O. Idoko moved from the 82 Division, Enugu as GOC to become Chief of Logistics (COLOG) Army Headquarters. Major General O.O. Oshinowo, Head of the Special Task Force (STF), Jos, is now GOC 82 Division.
The Commander, Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery (NACA), Major General Emmanuel Etim Bassey, has been appointed Chief of Administration at Army Headquarters while Major General M.B. Ibrahim, formerly of Defence Headquarters now commands the Special Task Force (STF) Jos.
Major General A.T. Jibrin and Major General U. Buzugbe have been confirmed as Director of Military Intelligence (DMI) and Military Secretary (Army) respectively.
The Director of Army Public Relations, Major General Raphael Ishaku Isa, is now the Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army while Major General J.S. Zaruwa is the new Commander of the Nigerian Army Peace Keeping Centre (NAPKC) in Jaji. Major General A.S. Agha-Okoro of the Department of Army Training and Operations (DATOPS) at the Army Headquarters is now the Director, Legal Services (DLS).
Others appointments include Commander 3 Brigade, Brigadier General I. I. Abbah; Commander 31 Brigade, Brigadier General Ilouga; and Commander 21 Brigade, Brigadier General R.O. Bamigboye.
Brigadier General C. O. Okoro, of 81 Division is now Sector Commander/Nigerian Contingent Commander of the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL), while Brigadier General M. A. Koleoso becomes Sector Commander/Nigerian Contingent Commander for the United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID).
On 11 July, the Inspector General of Police, Mr Hafiz Ringim, ordered the immediate redeployment of 27 Commissioners of Police (CPs) to state commands and and to departments at the Force headquarters in Abuja.
Details of the new postings, which were contained in a release from the office of the Force Secretary and dated 12 July 2011, are as follows:
Commissioers of Police appointed to new States:
1. CP Baba Adisa Bolanta, formerly in Oyo State, deployed to Sokoto State.
2. CP Ibrahim Mohammed is redeployed as CP for Katsina State.
3. CP Simeon D. Midenda, formerly CP Federal Operations, moved to Borno State.
4. CP Ibrahim Idris is the new CP for Kano State.
5. CP Ikechukwu Aduba is the new CP for Bauchi State.
6. CP Michael Zuokummoh, formerly of Niger State is new CP, Federal Capital Territory.
7. CP Mohammed Jinjiri Abubakar, formerly of Borno State is new CP Jigawa State.
8. CP Emmanuel Ayeni, formerly of Ebonyi State is now CP Plateau State.
9. CP Lateef Abiodun Junaid is new CP for Kebbi State.
10. CP Emmanuel Obiakor, formerly of Nasarawa State is now CP Benue State;
11. CP Ibrahim Maishanu is now CP Niger State.
12. CP Musa Abdusalam Daura is now CP Nassarawa State.
13. CP Haruna John, formerly of the FCT, now takes charge of Federal Operations.
14. CP Saliu Argungu Hashimu is the new CP in charge of Oyo State.
15. CP Nicholas Nkemdeme is the new CP for Ogun State.
16. CP Tambari Y. Mohammed is now CP in charge in Imo State.
17. CP Adeola Adejiri is now CP in charge of Ebonyi State.
18. CP Charles Abutu is now CP in charge of Ondo State.
Commissioners of Police appointed to new posts at Force Headquarters in Abuja:
1. CP Sabo Ringim Ibrahim, formerly of Katsina State now CP in charge of X-Squad Force Criminal Investigation.
2. CP Hassan Adamu is now in charge of Homicide FCID.
3. CP Ikemefuna Okoye is now CP Training at ‘E’ Department.
4. CP Emmanuel K. Udeoji is now Deputy Force Secretary at Force HQ.
5. CP Buhari Tanko is now CP ‘MSD’ F Department Force HQ
6. CP Joseph Ibi is now CP in charge of General Investigations at FCID;
7. CP Mohammed A. Indabawa is the new CP in charge of Administration at Police College, Kano.
8. CP Sani J. Magaji is the new CP in charge of ‘Admin’ at ‘E’ Department at Force Headquarters.
9. CP Fabian Orji is now CP Anti-Fraud Squad FCID.
The announcement of the new postings by the Force Secretary, said they are all with immediate effect.